Pregledajte stranicu i donirajte odmah!
In accordance with the indicated need for an position in our MEAL Department, as of 7th July 2021, the Representative office of the foreign Humanitarian Organization “Islamic Relief WW” England, Sarajevo announces:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator (1 position)
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reporting to : Country Director
The position is responsible for developing and strengthening the planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) system for the projects and programs of Islamic Relief Bosnia and Herzegovina (IRBIH). Coordinator-Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability, and Learning will closely work with Country Director. He/She will conduct monitor, evaluate, and establish an accountability framework and collect and disseminate learning as well as coordinate all projects and programs of IRBIH. Moreover, he/she also contributes to developing the country’s strategic plan, quarterly and annually project and program plan.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Establishing MEAL System
· Review and understand all organizational policies, strategies, and project proposals.
· Lead on raising awareness regarding the IR Bosnia and Herzegovina MEAL framework and facilitate its implementation
· Contribute to developing a country strategic plan, and quarterly and annual projects and programs plans.
· Develop different qualitative and quantitative tools and strategy for monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs of IRBIH.
· Develop and review M&E plans, M&E framework, and support to develop the LFA for different projects and programs.
· Contribute to developing M&E guidelines for various programs and IRBIH.
· Organize field visits and monitoring the projects regularly.
· Contribute to developing an information management system for the IRBIH.
· Lead in the development and use of technology for MEAL activities.
· Maintain a unified beneficiary database and other MEAL-related information systems ensuring utmost regards for privacy and confidentiality.
2. Lead on designing/managing surveys and evaluation
· Develop TORs for conducting baseline survey, midterm reviews and final evaluation. Conduct post distribution monitoring surveys, result monitoring, and facilitate feedback surveys.
· Design, coordinate and manage to conduct baseline survey, need assessment, feasibility study, midterm, and final evaluation, result monitoring, post-distribution monitoring, and action research for the various projects and programs.
· Lead internal and external programme/project evaluations as required
· Review monitoring reports, evaluation reports, and project reports and provide necessary technical guidance to ensure compliance with program/project requirements for monitoring and evaluation
· Coordination with different project managers and program managers to keep record of all project reports produced by various projects at a given frequency.
3. Demonstrating accountability to affected populations
· Facilitate the development of an accountability action plan for each project on the given template and keep track of the progress.
· Support in setting up community feedback mechanisms and coordinate with the program management on the effective use of information and relevant actions wherever required.
· Establish and maintain a comprehensive complaints handling mechanism according to IRW Complaints policy and that fulfills relevant CHS requirements. Develop case studies around the effectiveness of the complaints handling system and its impact on the program.
· Prepare six-monthly complaint handling analytical report and share it with management
· Review IRW-complaint handling guidance pack and include CRM related questionnaire in all monitoring, evaluation, and assessment questionnaire
· Coordinate with program teams in sharing results of assessments, baselines, reviews, feedback survey,s and evaluations with the beneficiary community and other stakeholders in the appropriate format at regular intervals and document the whole process.
· Provide technical assistance and guidance to program teams on conducting participatory, community-based, and inclusive needs assessments.
· Verify the presence of inclusive and participatory beneficiary selection criteria and subsequent selection accordingly.
· Ensure that participation activities are documented, and learning is shared
· Ensure that all staff at all levels understand and promote accountability through training and coaching.
· Orient the new staff about the complaint and feedback response mechanism (CRM), and refresher training/orientation on CRM for all staff.
· Support partners to develop and implement CP policies if they don’t have one
4. Organizational learning & capacity building
· Establish and maintain a system for organizational learning (i.e. Develop and maintain a learning log and ensure learning points are embedded at policy and practice levels)
· Participate and contribute at IRW-MEAL Community of Practice regularly.
· Develop learning plan and learning tools/methods for all projects, programs, and organization
· Coordinate with program management to budget and organize learning events at regular intervals.
· Ensure the documentation of innovation projects and share results and impact with all stakeholders.
· Identify opportunities to communicate program/project learning and information sharing/learning exchanges with other actors
· Support Program and communications departments in the development of relevant modules and resource materials to support quality programming
· Conduct orientation sessions around MEAL requirements and identify capacity-building requirements around MEAL for Partner organizations.
· Supporting colleagues in utilizing MEAL tools for different interventions
· Participate in the project design process as a team member to ensure prior internal and external learning, community-based and inclusive needs assessment, and evidence informs project design.
· Participate and circulate learnings and best practice in the Global MEAL Community of Practice
· Support to ensuring the quality of the interim and final project reports.
· Contribute to generate quality research reports, monitoring and evaluation reports, field visit reports, and any other reports.
· To disseminate reports and study finding with country management.
6. Coordination and support to program management
· Facilitate and lead on the processes to ensure compliance with Core Humanitarian Standard and IHSAN Standards (IRW-Quality Management System).
· Ensure in coordination with program, finance, and CD that relevant MEAL-related budgets are incorporated within project budgets.
· Ensure in coordination with research organizations, academicians, evaluators, consultants, MEAL capacity building networking institutions, etc.
· Write MEAL-related sections of each proposal submitted to any donor.
· Any other duties assigned by the Management.
7. Key Qualifications and Experiences
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge/Experience
· Faculty in Social Science, development studies, or Economy.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation, research, or impact assessment projects
· Experience working in a variety of humanitarian and development projects in the [ country] or abroad
· Knowledge and experience concerning the CHS Verification Framework.
· Good knowledge of globally accepted humanitarian technical standards and initiatives e.g. Sphere, LEGS, INEE, CALP, SDGs, Inclusion Charter, ADCAP
· Sound knowledge of and commitment to participatory approaches to working with communities, and innovative approach to working on these issues with a proven commitment to people empowerment methodologies.
· An understanding of gender equity and inclusion and how to integrate principles of gender equity and inclusion into program work
· Strong analytical and conceptualization skills and ability to think strategically.
· Highly organized with good attention to detail and developed the ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
· Excellent program management skills and excellent communication skills – able to communicate and report on technical points, both oral and in writing.
· Willing to be accountable for work conducted.
· Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently.
· Shares information appropriately and ensures that the views of team members are freely expressed.
· Familiar with online data collection platform such as KOBO
· Able to form creative solutions in problem-solving.
· Encourages a positive rather than negative viewpoint.
· Problem-solving skills and self-management.
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work sensitively with people from various cultural and social backgrounds.
· Willing to adapt to IRW’s norms and values without compromising personal beliefs and principles.
· Good networking skills and representation.
· Good in written and spoken English.
· Functional knowledge of statistics and data processing
· Experience in collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
· Experience in integrated programme / community development
· Good working knowledge of Results-Based Management, ToC, Value for money, ‘Do no harm’, DRM, Complaints management, ISAC-PSEA Six Core Principles and report writing.
· Good knowledge of current development and MEAL thinking. Knowledge and experience of technology, and technological solutions for MEAL
· Experience and knowledge of Database and mapping software
· Applicable knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Kobo, PowerPoint, and SPSS.
· Able to work flexible hours when necessary to carry out the task completion.
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy
· Ability to work on one’s initiative as well as a part of a team.
· Have a high sense of urgency and a well-developed work ethic
· Applicants should be able to show a good understanding of humanitarian principles and sympathy with Islamic Relief’s values, as well as a commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
· Relief & development issues and international affairs, DRR and community development
Candidate must have Bosnian citizenship. Please submit your CV with a Cover Letter in English, with preferably a Recommendation Letter from a former employer to our e-mail address : email@example.com or by post at Islamic Relief Jukićeva 75, 71000 Sarajevo.
The above job advertisement will remain open for applications till 15th July 2021.
Any untimely or incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.